Acclaim and Accolades–––––
“This route stretches through Shenandoah National Park, end-to-end, with the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains…” (2012)
“America’s national parks offer some of the most gorgeous scenery in the country and here are some of our favorite views…”(2012)
Skyline Drive: one of the prettiest drives in America
- “One of the loveliest roads in America” – Reader’s Digest
- “America’s best drives” – Gadling
- “Top 10 skyscraping drives” – Away.com
- “10 best motorcycle roads in the USA” – CNN Travel
- “Skyline Drive is a granddaddy of scenic drives.” – GORP.com
- “To many who travel the drive, the highway itself is a park, complete with numerous deer sightings along the way.” – National Geographic
- “Few roads anywhere can top the Skyline Drive, which twists and turns 105 miles along the Blue Ridge crest in Shenandoah National Park.” – Frommers
- “One of the great motoring experiences of North America is the Skyline Drive.” – London Free Press
- “America’s best fall color drives” – Travel+Leisure
- “Taking the leisurely Skyline Drive through Shenandoah National Park and the Blue Ridge Mountains is nothing short of divine.” – US News & World Report
- “The ultimate fall drive…” – Washington Post
- “Top 10 scenic byways” – AOL Travel
There’s so much to see!
So, what should I do first?
We know there is a lot to see and do in the Park. So we decided to create a seasonal top 10 lists for those who have only limited time. We asked park rangers to give us their best recommendations. Learn more about what they suggested: the Top 10 Things to Do in Shenandoah National Park.