Visitors to Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park can purchase an entrance permit (valid for the day of purchase and next six days.) Frequent visitors to Shenandoah may want to purchase an annual Shenandoah pass. There are also annual and lifetime passes that cover entrance at all National Park Service units and/or Federal areas.
Shenandoah Entrance Fee – Single Vehicle – $30.00
This fee covers unlimited entry for one vehicle and passengers for seven consecutive days, beginning on the day of purchase. Vehicles must be private, noncommercial, and with a seating capacity of 15 or less. Click here to view entrance fees for motorcycles, commercial vehicles, and other modes of entry.
To request an Educational Fee Waiver, click here.
2019 Entrance Fee Free Days
- January 21: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- April 20: First Day of National Park Week/National Junior Ranger Day
- June 15: Park Neighbor Day (Shenandoah National Park only)
- August 25: National Park Service Anniversary
- September 28: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day Weekend
Organized events such as sporting events, ceremonies and large group gatherings, including group bicycle rides and car cruises may require a Special Use Permit.