by Patressa Kearns
If you think Shenandoah National Park is only worth exploring in spring, summer, and fall, think again. Shenandoah is glorious in the winter! In fact, we can give you 10 good reasons why visiting Shenandoah in winter might just be one of the best ideas you’ll have this year.
- The views are stunning!
- Crowds are smaller.
- Pretend you discovered this magnificent place.
- The sunsets are thrilling!
- You can discern the lovely shapes of trees.
- Frozen waterfalls!
- Find designs in the snow and frost.
- Track animals in the snow.
- Hiking in winter is simply more fulfilling.
- No pesky bugs!